Sri Lanka authorities were warned two weeks before attacks, says minister

More than 20 suspects arrested as death toll from Easter Sunday bombings rises to 290

Sri Lankan authorities were warned two weeks before the Easter Sunday attacks, and had the names of suspects, a cabinet spokesman has said, as the death toll from the string of bombings rose to 290, with about 500 injured.

“Fourteen days before these incidents occurred, we had been informed about these incidents,” Rajitha Senaratne told a press conference in the capital, Colombo, on Monday.

Continue reading…

Main Source
Author

You might also like More from author

Comments are closed.