49 shot dead in attack on two Christchurch mosques

  • New Zealand PM says attack was terrorism
  • Police find explosives attached to cars
  • Three held in custody and one man charged with murder

Mass shooting at two New Zealand mosques – rolling updates

Forty-nine people have been shot dead and 48 injured in attacks targeting Muslims at two mosques during Friday prayers in Christchurch, in the worst mass shooting in New Zealand’s history.

The prime minister, Jacinda Ardern, described the atrocity as a terrorist attack and said Friday had been “one of New Zealand’s darkest days”. Police commissioner Mike Bush said explosive devices in a car had been defused and urged all mosques across the country to close their doors for the time being.

Continue reading…

Main Source
Author

You might also like More from author

Comments are closed.