How to get Meghan Markle’s lit-from-within glow (minus the pregnancy)
Mom-to-be Meghan Markle has shown no signs of slowing down on the work front yet, as she spent Thursday night with her husband, Prince Harry at The Endeavour Fund Awards, a celebration set up by the Royal Foundation to honour and recognise service members who have used athletics to enhance their recovery.
Markle wore a bespoke outfit by Claire Waight Keller for Givenchy, her wedding dress designer, for the occasion—a white shirt with a collar and rolled-up sleeves, paired with a black skirt and Aquazarra heels. Markle also sported a luminous glow that, at first glance, could be attributed to those pregnancy hormones doing their thing. But take another look, and you’ll notice that the Duchess had enhanced her naturally glowing skin with a hint of bronzer on the cheeks and a glossy pink lip, and rounded it off with one of her favourite hairstyles. Markle’s love for buns is known—she’s a fan of the messy kind, the one with tendrils, and even with side parts—but the sleek bun is an upgraded, elegant, variant that has recently been added to her repertoire. The pulled-back hairstyle lets the makeup take centerstage. Markle does not have a glam squad for hair and makeup, which means that you know her look is super easy to whip up at home. Scroll ahead for a detailed decode on how to do it.
Get the look: Meghan Markle’s bronzed glow and sleek, glossy bun
- Flat iron your hair, and apply a smoothing gel like the Arata Hair Gel to tame flyaways and frizz. Pull hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck, and secure with an elastic. Twist your ponytail and wrap it around the base, secure with another elastic and bobby pins. Mist hair with a hairspray like the Paul Mitchell Super Clean Spray for shine and hold.
- Markle has famously said that she doesn’t like to use a foundation that covers her freckles. While filming Suits, she consistently reached for the Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer for light coverage with an illuminating glow. Smooth it on and blend it in with your fingers.
- Lightly dust a shimmer bronzer like the Becca Sunlit Bronzer where the sun hits your face—the bridge of the nose, top of the forehead, below the cheekbones and the tip of your chin.
- For the eyes, use a gel eyeliner like the NYX Professional Makeup Jumbo Eye Pencil on the upper eyelid. Apply a dusting of a gunmetal eyeshadow like the NARS Single Eyeshadow in Pyrenees on the inner corners of the eyes to highlight them, and then coat the top lashes with a voluminous mascara.
- Pick a light pink lipstick with a glossy finish like Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lipstick. It has a balm-like gel texture that leaves lips with a sheer, glossy veil of colour.
Scroll through our gallery below for our edit of the best beauty products you can use to get Meghan Markle’s recent look.
Becca Sunlit Bronzer
NYX Professional Makeup Jumbo Eye Pencil
Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer
NARS Single Eyeshadow in Pyrenees
Arata Hair Gel
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lipstick in Baby Pink
Paul Mitchell Super Clean Spray
The post How to get Meghan Markle’s lit-from-within glow (minus the pregnancy) appeared first on VOGUE India.
Author: Avanti Dalal